Trimont was engaged on multiple assignments by three large European lenders and a U.S. investment bank to provide asset management and servicing on a syndicated and securitized $811 million loan with 16 different lenders.


The Plaza Hotel is a landmark luxury hotel that occupies the west side of the Grand Army Plaza, from which it derives its name, and extends along Central Park South. Opening its doors in 1907, The Plaza is recognized as a Historic Hotel of America by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Plaza was built at a cost of $12 million, an unprecedented sum in those days. Originally, the hotel served as a residence for wealthy New Yorkers including Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt who were the first guests to register. Since then, kings, presidents, ambassadors, stars of stage, screen, and sports, as well as business executives and travelers from all parts of the world have gathered and stayed at The Plaza.


  • One of the early residents of The Plaza was a baby lion cub, smuggled in by a female gypsy who performed in a traveling show in Central Park. At that time, single rooms were $6.50 per night and guests often lived at The Plaza for months at a time. The baby lion cub became a familiar “pet” to the staff, as he regularly roamed the hallways.
  • The Beatles stayed at the Plaza Hotel during their first visit to the United States in February 1964.
  • Although the hotel had appeared briefly in earlier films, it made its major film debut in the 1959 Alfred Hitchcock film North by Northwest.